- Location: South Sioux City, NE
- Start Date: 5/23/2019
- Job ID: 19-00374
- Posting Date: 5/23/2019
- Job Type: Direct Placement
The RPG Programmer objective is to perform analysis, design, development, and support of key corporate applications. They will be responsible for development of solutions with proprietary/in-house and packaged systems in the AS/400 environment.
- Development activities on the IBM AS/400 platform using ILE RPG programming
- Analyze business requests and assist in developing effective technology solutions.
- Effectively communicate project statuses and issues.
- Balance multiple projects with routine maintenance responsibilities.
- Provide input and status reports to the Senior Manager of Applications to aide in project prioritization.
- Preferred, Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- 4+ years' experience of RPG programming
- Experience with IBM AS/400 Platform
- Experience with EDI applications a plus.
- Transportation industry experience a plus.
- The ability to quickly and accurately perform troubleshooting and develop solutions
- Strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to meet deadlines consistently.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- The ability to work independently or as part of a team.